Study abroad

Do you want to discover the world, improve your language skills and gain new experiences and friends from all over the world? Then exchange studies can be something for you! To help you find your way through the jungle of studying abroad and internships, we have here compiled information on where, when and how you can get away.

What types of exchange studies are there?

The first thing to consider when it comes to studying abroad is how and when you want to go. Studies abroad can primarily be divided into two parts, exchange studies and internships abroad. Exchange studies are the most common form within the K-programme and mean that you spend a period of your education at one of Uppsala University’s partner universities. The period can range from 3 to 12 months, but usually one or two semesters. On exchange you take courses that can either be credited within your master’s degree, or completely different courses that capture your interest. When you are on practical training abroad, you instead do a project such as a degree project or a summer project. In addition to these two types of abroad studies, there are also other options such as field studies (Minor Field Studies) or so-called freemover when you arrange your studies abroad on your own.

Click through the tabs above to find out more about the different studies abroad that are available, as well as important dates to keep track of.

Do you have any other questions?

Contact the section’s Internationally liable person at or the K-program’s study advisor Paula Forslund at